xmlns:fb='http://ogp.me/ns/fb#' Karen Wagner garden & design: hampton court

Tuesday 23 August 2011

hampton court

After visiting England,  I am now a convert to the extravaganza that is  THE Chelsea Flower show (see my blog about it if you missed it from May).   I finally understand what all the fuss has been about for years and have embraced the inevitable show fever. 
But with summer in full swing in the northern hemisphere it seems I need to broaden my horizons a little I think......
I have it on good authority from an lovely well connected English lady with a fabulous English accent, that really the best place one should go is to Hampton Court Flower Show.  Chelsea is all well and good but its crowded and full of "wanna..be's" apparently.
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show on the other hand is almost certainly guaranteed better weather,  is much more fun, less crowded and all the important people still go.
I unfortunately am languishing back in the Australian colony again, so am having to have a peak at all the gardens and winners on their website. 
Not quite as fabulous as being there but it gives you the idea.









No comments:

Post a Comment